Dog medicine teaches us what loyalty and unconditional love is, not blind love. Dog reminds us when it is healthy to stay or go as abusive controlling blind love or total allowance. All dog wants us to know is our own personal power! The dog energy asks us to step up and in to our leadership qualities to create our own way and go, regardless of what other are choosing! and…. to know we are loved, no judgement, just total allowance!!
When talking to dog, like all animals keep your energy high. It is a bother to them to see humans crying too hard about them leaving. we get too low in matters of health and concern over them. They remind us that they are here and they are there in God’s council. There is no death or disease for dogs although they will take on your worry and sickness even when you ask them not to – that is loyalty of dog in your life in spirit or in a body. You can run with the pack and be true to your wild essence and you can do lone in times required for introspection. Dog will always show you who you are and how to play more – the give away is always in the motion of a dogs tail regardless of how low or how much you shout at them, the tail ways because it can 🙂
Today I received this story written by a veterinarian which made me wonder what joy we can receive by the energy of dogs in their true nature. You may have read this story before, it is so expansive of what is possible. What other gifts have you received from your animal companions that show you how to be JOY ? I would love to hear your comments!
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.
I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.
As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.
The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.
The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ‘I know why.’
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation.
He said, ‘People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?’ The Six-year-old continued, ‘Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.’
- Live simply.
- Love generously.
- Care deeply.
- Speak kindly.
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them. (My dogs Mischa and Pongo and my cat Winston (the designated meeting committee in the pack), meet me at the door every time, letting me know they are happy to see me!
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride. (All I have to say is “Do you want to go in the car and he runs for the door.)
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy. (I always put the back window down and he loves to put his head out – so cute to watch.)
- Take naps. (What Bailey does best, LOL)
- Stretch before rising. (Wakes the body up.)
- Run, romp, and play daily. (We don’t get enough of this in or at least I don’t.)
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you. (Human touch is so important for the soul.)
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do. (Know what energy is called for at the time.)
- On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass. (Well this might be a bit too much, I have snakes in my yard – yuck!)
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree. (The lazy days of summer – water is needed for hydrating.)
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body. (Dancing like no one is watching.)
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk. (Awe, love those walks.)
- Be loyal.
- Never pretend to be something you’re not. (Be Authentic, BE YOU!)
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it. (Don’t give up on your dreams.)
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently. (Silence is golden.)
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!
Access Your True Nature and BE YOU !
Infinite gratitude and ease
Sarah-Jane and the pack
PS – Who do you know that is struggling in their life with self-acceptance, self-love, healing the past or simply desire more joy and abundance in their life? I offer complimentary “Live Life On Purpose” strategy sessions. A new perspective might make all the difference in the world to them. Forward this on to them or suggest they set a time up with me for a complimentary 30 minute laser session at firstname.lastname@example.org[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"] This was sent to my today and it has such a wonderful and powerful message that I wanted to share it with you. Enjoy!